UH Hilo Media Symposium is April 9 - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
UH Hilo Media Symposium is April 9
Location: UH Hilo Campus Center Rooms 301 and 306
So, you want to be a writer, promote yourself or your next event? Save the date for the UH Hilo Media Symposium on April 9, where you can learn to do all that.
Slated for 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at UH Hilo's Campus Center, the symposium's featured speakers will include, among others, Don Wallace, of Honolulu Magazine; Michael Shapiro, of Hana Hou Magazine, Mindy Pennybacker, of Honolulu Star-Advertiser; Chad Blair, of Civil Beat; Nancy Cook Lauer, of West Hawaii Today; Julie Ziemelis, the island's PR "guru"; and Jeff Portnoy, an Oahu attorney renowned for his First Amendment expertise.
A forum for senatorial candidates in District 1 (Hilo) and District 2 (Puna) will take place at 2 p.m. and be moderated by radio reporter Sherry Bracken and UH Hilo Political Science professor Todd Belt.
Ke Kalahea, UH Hilo's student newspaper, is hosting the event, which is free to UH Hilo students and $5 for the general public.
For questions, to pre-register, or for disability accommodations, contact Tiffany Edwards Hunt at (808) 938-8592
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 938-8592
Tags: media journalism public relations Hawaii State Senate First Amendment Free Speech Ke Kalahea writing reputation management website building feature writing investigative journalism magazine writing politics ethics press story Amy Hennessey Julie Ziemelis
What's also happening?
Week of April 3, 2016Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.