Eia Hawaiʻi Lecture Series: Fishponds and Fisheries - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Eia Hawaiʻi Lecture Series: Fishponds and Fisheries
Location: UCB 127
Are you planning on going into natural resource management, conservation, or other fields regarding Native Hawaiian structural restoration?
Kīpuka Native Hawaiian Student Services Center is sponsoring “Fishponds and Fisheries – community based methods of ancestral marine sustainability” presentation. Our guest speakers bring with them a wealth of knowledge and experience of the development, maintenance, ancestral practice, and economic viability of both the ancient fishpond and fisheries boundary systems. The panel will include Hiʻilei Kawelo, the caretaker Heʻeia of the largest actively functioning fishpond in the state, Luka Mossman, community outreach coordinator for Conservation International-Hawaii fish Trust, and Kamala Anthony, the caretaker for the newly restored Honokea pond at Waiuli. The discussion will include topics such as beginnings, policy and laws, challenges, careers and restoration efforts. Please come and join in the discussion regarding the efforts toward authentic reef sustainability methods.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7418
What's also happening?
Week of March 6, 2016Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.