Balinese Dance and Performing Arts - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Balinese Dance and Performing Arts
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
Master Balinese dancer and puppeteer I Ketut Wiratwan, UH Manoa instructors I Made Widana and Anna Reynolds, together with accomplished students from the UHM Dept. of Theatre and Dance will be touring the island of Hawai'i February 23-26 as part of a neighbor island educational outreach tour. The public concerts will feature a variety of dances, from the shadow puppet-inspired Dance of the Kayonan (Tree of Life) to the Dance of the Bidadari (Angels) and the traditional Baris dance of the young warrior. Master I Ketut Wirtawan will perform traditional Balinese mask dances with beautiful ornate costuming. The group will also bring a few shadow puppets (wayang kulit) to show audiences.
Special Restrictions: General admission tickets are $10 Adult and $5 UHH/HCC Student W/valid ID and Children 17 and under. Tickets are available at the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center Box Office 932-7495 or online at arts center.uhh.hawaii.edu
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7490
What's also happening?
Week of February 21, 2016Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.