1st Ann. Graduate Student Symposium: Integrated Communities - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
1st Ann. Graduate Student Symposium: Integrated Communities
Location: New Gym
The 1st Annual Graduate Student Symposium is scheduled for Friday, March 18th, from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm, in the UH Hilo gym. Registration starts at 8:30 am.
The theme of the symposium is: Integrated Community Design: Health, Environment, and Culture. Our goal is to inspire inquiry and collaboration among all members of our community as a pathway to optimal health and quality of life. This symposium will focus on the connection between the three elements and their roles in developing solutions in three significant areas: vulnerable populations, Hawaii's youth, and community-based research.
The keynote speaker will be Mr. Matthew Nagato, the Communications Director for the Hawai'i Primary Care Association, a non-profit public health organization dedicated to improving the health of our communities. Mr. Nagato was the director/writer/producer of the 2013 Hawaiʻi International Film Festival short documentary ʻOla: Health is Everything, and a second documentary ʻIke: Knowledge is Everywhere.
Three panel discussions will be presented in the morning, with breakout sessions to follow in the afternoon. Panelists will consist of UH Hilo graduate students and faculty, and community members with experience in these areas. Graduate students, undergraduate students, faculty, community partners and community members are invited to attend. A more detailed agenda will be available as we get closer to the symposium.
Please plan to come and share in the discussions about how we can collaborate with our Hawaiʻi island community to find solutions to issues that concern all of us.
This Town/Gown symposium is sponsored by the Division of Academic Affairs, with support from the Chancellor's Diversity Grant.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7926
What's also happening?
Week of March 13, 2016Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.