The Vagina Monologues - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
The Vagina Monologues
Location: CC Plaza
The UH Hilo Women's Center is celebrating their 25th Anniversary and is pleased to announce two presentations of “The 2016 Vagina Monologues”, an episodic play consisting of a variety of monologues read by several women; about sex, love, rape, birth, violence and related topics. 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men, will face different kinds of Domestic Violence in their lifetime (www.ncadv.org/). They will face discrimination in the workplace and women will face struggles with other women who contribute to the cycle of oppression. This performance will touch on an array of emotions from laughter to tears and captivate the audience. A recurring theme throughout the piece is the vagina as a tool of female empowerment, and the ultimate embodiment of individuality. This play written by Eve Ensler, originally in 1996, helps to raise funds to help end violence against women and girls in Hawaii. The UH Hilo Women’s Center believes ending violence of all types (not only against women) is the way to stop the cascading effect of violence against specific groups of people, like women and children. We welcome the entire community on Hawai’i Island to celebrate our 25th Anniversary and “RISE FOR REVOLUTION”. Join the UH Women’s Center and the community to show support for those whom have been affected by domestic violence and see these often “difficult conversations“ on stage in a real and true form.
Producer: Juanita Revell
Co-Directors: Juanita Revell and Laura Sherwood
A free preview performance is offered to the community on Friday night as a gift from the UH Hilo Women’s Center.
Special Restrictions: This is a free preview of The Vagina Monologues
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7380
Tags: Student Performance
What's also happening?
Week of February 14, 2016Next →
Holiday observed: Presidents’ Day
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.