One Billion Rising Flash Mob - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
One Billion Rising Flash Mob
Location: Campus Center Plaza
One Billion Rising is the biggest mass action to end violence against women in human history. The campaign, launched on Valentine’s Day 2012, began as a call to action based on the staggering statistic that one in three women on the planet will be beaten or raped during her lifetime. With the world population at seven billion, this adds up to more than one billion women and girls.
Throughout the first three years of One Billion Rising, activists have used “Break The Chain” (flash mob dance) as an integral and creative aspect of their Rising events. As the campaign’s anthem the lyrics and the signature moves brought over one billion people together to rise and dance. It serves to express the call for global solidarity to end violence against women. This will be the fourth year that the 1BR flash mob dance will be held at UH Hilo. All members of the UH community and general public are encouraged to participate
Special Restrictions: Contact Trina Nahm-Miho for more information and rehearsals at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7380
What's also happening?
Week of February 14, 2016Next →
Holiday observed: Presidents’ Day
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.