Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Conference - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Conference
Location: Campus Center 301
The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Conference presents Navigating Toward Success - Hoʻokele I Ka Moku Lanakila featuring workshops focusing on leadership development, health and wellness and cultural activities. Guest speakers this year are Kaleo Pilago and Celeste Haʻo who are both educators and navigators with the Hōkūleʻa Pacific Voyaging Society's Malama Honua World Wide Voyage. Kaleo and Celeste will also be doing a team building leadership workshop. In partnership with the Pacific Island Student Center, Andrew Polloi of the UH Hilo Student Health & Wellness Program invites students on discussions with "Know the line, [respect] the line, Protect the line."
A panel discussion with graduate students of the Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Program will be sharing "Life After College-A Talk Story Session." Graduates include Associate Attorney Jacky Mena, Educator Maile Boggeln, Mikiala Akiona of the Pacific Voyaging Society, Youth Specialist Waerin Edwin and others who will share their experiences on goals, challenges and success after graduating from UH Hilo. Other workshops include Kauai Explorations- Experiential Leadership in Action, Be Present - Meditation & Therapeutic Stretching, Kaʻi Kuleana - Understanding Privilege and luncheon presentations. A "Local First" lunch is being provided in support of our Hawaii Island and state farmers. For further information and to pre-register, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Restrictions: Free to UH Hilo students with a valid UH Hilo ID. $49 for all other participants. Registration is required by Tuesday, February 23, 2016 as seating is limited.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7377
What's also happening?
Week of February 21, 2016Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.