Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Conference - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Conference
Location: Campus Center 301
The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Conference presents Navigating Toward Success - Hoʻokele I Ka Moku Lanakila featuring workshops focusing on leadership development, health and wellness and cultural activities. Guest speakers this year are Kaleo Pilago and Celeste Haʻo who are both educators and navigators with the Hōkūleʻa Pacific Voyaging Society's Malama Honua World Wide Voyage. Kaleo and Celeste will also be doing a team building leadership workshop. In partnership with the Pacific Island Student Center, Andrew Polloi of the UH Hilo Student Health & Wellness Program invites students on discussions with "Know the line, [respect] the line, Protect the line."
A panel discussion with graduate students of the Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Program will be sharing "Life After College-A Talk Story Session." Graduates include Associate Attorney Jacky Mena, Educator Maile Boggeln, Mikiala Akiona of the Pacific Voyaging Society, Youth Specialist Waerin Edwin and others who will share their experiences on goals, challenges and success after graduating from UH Hilo. Other workshops include Kauai Explorations- Experiential Leadership in Action, Be Present - Meditation & Therapeutic Stretching, Kaʻi Kuleana - Understanding Privilege and luncheon presentations. A "Local First" lunch is being provided in support of our Hawaii Island and state farmers. For further information and to pre-register, contact email@example.com.
Special Restrictions: Free to UH Hilo students with a valid UH Hilo ID. $49 for all other participants. Registration is required by Tuesday, February 23, 2016 as seating is limited.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7377
What's also happening?
Week of February 21, 2016Next →
TBD Women's Golf
TBD Women's Golf
TBD Women's Golf
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaii Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.