Calling all Females! Join the SISTA Project! - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
Calling all Females! Join the SISTA Project!
The SISTA Project is an all-women’s empowerment group designed to empower women of all ages to use positive life skills. Due to the positive feedback and proven effectiveness, the SISTA Project was adapted and tailored for Native Hawaiian, Asian and Pacific Islander women living in Hawaiʻi. However, we are not limiting this event to only women with Native Hawaiian, Asian or Pacific Islander background.
This training is free to UH Hilo and Hawaiʻi Community College students who identify as female.
A certificate of completion will be awarded to all participants! To receive the certificate of completion, students must sign up and participate in five 2-hour sessions (only 1 session per week). Each session we will be covering a different topic which includes:
Ethnic/Gender Pride: Learning the value in being a woman, learning a woman’s worth
HIV/AIDS Education: Learning the basics of how to prevent contracting the HIV virus & other STD’s
Assertiveness Skills Training: Different types of communication and how to communicate what you would and wouldn't like effectively.
Behavioral Self-Management: Identifying behaviors and environments that could put you in risky situations
Coping Skills: Talking with other women about healthy ways of coping with stressful situations
Here are the dates, times and location for each session:
1st Session: March 15, 2016 from 5PM-7PM in CC306
2nd Session: March 29, 2016 from 5PM-7PM in CC306
3rd Session: April 5, 2016 from 5PM-7PM in CC306
4th Session: April 12, 2016 from 5PM-7PM in CC306
5th Session: April 19, 2016 from 5PM-7PM in CC306
To sign up for the SISTA Project or if you have any questions, please email Peer Health Educator, Jackie Yuw at email@example.com by March 8, 2016
Space is very limited and signups will be on a first come, first serve basis
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 557-6665
What's also happening?
Week of March 6, 2016Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.