Calling all Females! Join the SISTA Project! - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
Calling all Females! Join the SISTA Project!
The SISTA Project is an all-women’s empowerment group designed to empower women of all ages to use positive life skills. Due to the positive feedback and proven effectiveness, the SISTA Project was adapted and tailored for Native Hawaiian, Asian and Pacific Islander women living in Hawaiʻi. However, we are not limiting this event to only women with Native Hawaiian, Asian or Pacific Islander background.
This training is free to UH Hilo and Hawaiʻi Community College students who identify as female.
A certificate of completion will be awarded to all participants! To receive the certificate of completion, students must sign up and participate in five 2-hour sessions (only 1 session per week). Each session we will be covering a different topic which includes:
Ethnic/Gender Pride: Learning the value in being a woman, learning a woman’s worth
HIV/AIDS Education: Learning the basics of how to prevent contracting the HIV virus & other STD’s
Assertiveness Skills Training: Different types of communication and how to communicate what you would and wouldn't like effectively.
Behavioral Self-Management: Identifying behaviors and environments that could put you in risky situations
Coping Skills: Talking with other women about healthy ways of coping with stressful situations
Here are the dates, times and location for each session:
1st Session: March 15, 2016 from 5PM-7PM in CC306
2nd Session: March 29, 2016 from 5PM-7PM in CC306
3rd Session: April 5, 2016 from 5PM-7PM in CC306
4th Session: April 12, 2016 from 5PM-7PM in CC306
5th Session: April 19, 2016 from 5PM-7PM in CC306
To sign up for the SISTA Project or if you have any questions, please email Peer Health Educator, Jackie Yuw at email@example.com by March 8, 2016
Space is very limited and signups will be on a first come, first serve basis
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 557-6665
What's also happening?
Week of March 6, 2016Next →
- Call for Submissions - Hohonu
- Hohonu, UH Hilo's Journal for Academic Writing is currently accepting submissions for its Spring 2020 publication. The final deadline is January 24th. For more information please contact Hohonu at hohonu@hawaii. ...
- Open Positions for the Board of Student Publications!
- The Board of Student Publications (BOSP) is currently seeking students who are interested in making a difference by getting involved in their campus community; forging sustainable relationships with students, faculty, and staff at UH Hilo; and ...
- Call for Volunteers 25th Annual UH Hilo Ho`olaule`a
- Aloha Vulcans! The UH Hilo Ho`olaule`a committee is seeking volunteers to help with our 25th annual event. All those interested in volunteering are asked to fill out this form: https://forms. ...
- Submissions for Kanilehua Are Now Open
- Kanilehua is now accepting submissions of visual art (photography, drawing, painting, sculpture) and literature (short story, poetry, flash fiction, plays) for its Spring 2020 issue. ...
- Volunteers Needed for Science Olympiad Tournament
- Aloha kākou, The Center for Community Engagement & the Office of Research and Community Partnerships are hosting the 2020 Science Olympiad Hawaiʻi Island regional tournament for middle and high school students on February 8, 2020. ...
- 2020-21 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2020-21 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2019. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2020! Deadline for ...
- UH Hilo Relay for Life Committee Positions Open
- The UH Hilo Relay for Life Planning Committee is currently seeking dedicated students who are interested in volunteering to help plan the 2020 Relay for Life event as well as multiple awareness events over this school year. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.