Straight Outta Compton [Film Showing] - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Straight Outta Compton [Film Showing]
Location: UCB 100
This 2015 feature film is about the rise and fall of the hip hop group N.W.A., formed by 5 young men (Dr. Dre, Eazy-E, Ice Cube, MC Ren, DJ Yella in the mid-1980s and how they revolutionized music and pop culture. Straight Outa Compton will be shown in UCB 100 as the first event in UH Hilo's celebration of Black History Month. Popcorn, hotdogs and snacks will be provided (while supplies last).
Black History Month (BHM) was established in the month of February to recognize and celebrate the contributions of African Americans. The events that have been planned at the UH Hilo will provide a cultural perspective and opportunity for the institution, faculty, staff and students to learn about the achievements of African Americans and the impact they have made in our lives.
This event is sponsored by the UH Hilo Black History Month (BHM) Committee, comprised of faculty, staff, students, and community members. The co-sponsors include the UH Hilo Diversity Committee, Art Dept., Student Health and Wellness Program, Minority Access and Achievement Program, the Performing Arts Center and Student Activities Council.
Trailer @: www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyoew4T74_w
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7463
What's also happening?
Week of January 31, 2016Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.