Senior Project Performance: Fabulation - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Senior Project Performance: Fabulation
University of Hawaii at Hilo Senior Leah Wilson will be culminating her drama studies with her tour-de-force performance of the lead role of ambitious business woman, Undine Barnes Calles, who has to face her past for a better future, in Fabulation, Or The Re-Education of Undine by Lynn Nottage. Directed by UH Hilo alumnus and professional actor, Ken Elliott, performances are on January 28, 29, and 30th at 7:30 pm at the UH Hilo Old Gym. Performances are free and open to the public.
Fabulation is a social satire about an ambitious and haughty African-American woman, Undine Barnes Calles, whose husband suddenly disappears after embezzling all of her money. Pregnant and on the brink of social and financial ruin, Undine retreats to her childhood home in Brooklyn’s Walt Whitman project to face her new reality.
Wilson has been studying acting since childhood growing up in both Baltimore and O’ahu. She has been performing in Hilo on the University stage, in both straight plays and musicals, and under the Kalakaua Park banyan in the Hilo Community Players’ Shakespeare in the Park productions where she most recently played Cleopatra.
For more information contact Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 808-494-8350
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 494-8350
What's also happening?
Week of January 24, 2016Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.