Senior Project Performance: Fabulation - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Senior Project Performance: Fabulation
University of Hawaii at Hilo Senior Leah Wilson will be culminating her drama studies with her tour-de-force performance of the lead role of ambitious business woman, Undine Barnes Calles, who has to face her past for a better future, in Fabulation, Or The Re-Education of Undine by Lynn Nottage. Directed by UH Hilo alumnus and professional actor, Ken Elliott, performances are on January 28, 29, and 30th at 7:30 pm at the UH Hilo Old Gym. Performances are free and open to the public.
Fabulation is a social satire about an ambitious and haughty African-American woman, Undine Barnes Calles, whose husband suddenly disappears after embezzling all of her money. Pregnant and on the brink of social and financial ruin, Undine retreats to her childhood home in Brooklyn’s Walt Whitman project to face her new reality.
Wilson has been studying acting since childhood growing up in both Baltimore and O’ahu. She has been performing in Hilo on the University stage, in both straight plays and musicals, and under the Kalakaua Park banyan in the Hilo Community Players’ Shakespeare in the Park productions where she most recently played Cleopatra.
For more information contact Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 808-494-8350
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 494-8350
What's also happening?
Week of January 24, 2016Next →
- Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Awards Nomination Now Open
- This recognition awards acknowledges the contributions students have made in their formal and informal leadership roles on campus and in their community. ...
- UHHSA Elections Applications
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association is keeping applications open for multiple positions for 2019/2020 academic school year. Applications are available on the UHHSA website, in the UHHSA office and in the Campus Center. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.