Energy and Resources on a Planet Well Past Carrying Capacity - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Energy and Resources on a Planet Well Past Carrying Capacity
Location: University Classroom Building, room 100
In a free public talk, entitled "Energy, Resources, and Human Demand on a Planet Well Past Its Human Carrying Capacity", energy expert Nate Hagens will address opportunities and constraints after “the coming end of economic growth".
Nate Hagens is the former lead editor of The Oil Drum, a website that provides analysis and discussion of global energy supplies and the future implications of energy decline. He is currently a board member of the Post Carbon Institute, Bottleneck Foundation, the Institute for Integrated Economic Research, and the Institute for the Study of Energy and our Future.
Hagens received his master’s degree in finance from the University of Chicago, and his doctor of philosophy in natural resources from the University of Vermont. The Hilo event is sponsored by the UH Hilo College of Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Resource Management. For more information, call 808-932-7038.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7038
What's also happening?
Week of January 10, 2016Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.