We Go Jam: Hoʻoulu Mele Hawaiʻi - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
We Go Jam: Hoʻoulu Mele Hawaiʻi
Location: UH Hilo Campus Center Plaza
Free and open to the public.
Join us for us some kanikapila and talk-story time as we explore the connections within Hawaiian mele and the history of Hawai‘i.
During the fall 2015 semester, students from four classes – in Hawaiian history and Hawaiian ‘ohana at UH Hilo – have been exploring the role of mele in Hawaiian history and culture, utilizing the Hawai‘i Council for Humanities publication We Go Jam: Celebrating Our Music, Our Soundscape, Our Hawai‘i.
Our courses of study will culminate with a public event Hoʻoulu Mele Hawaiʻi, on Thursday, December 10th, from 6 to 8:30 pm at the Campus Center Plaza. Conceived and directed by the students, they will share stories and mele from Hawai‘i’s past.
Join us for some live entertainment . . . and a little history!
This program is co-sponsored by Hawaiʻi Council for the Humanities & the UH Hilo Department of History.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7122
What's also happening?
Week of December 6, 2015Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.