Lono i ka makahiki - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Lono i ka makahiki
Location: UCB 127
Makahiki is a very significant time of the year for Native Hawaiians. You could say its the “Holiday Season” for Kanaka Maoli and it has arrived.
Please help us celebrate Lono i ka makahiki on Monday November 23, 2015 at 12:00-2:00 in UCB 127 and on the grassy area at the gateway of UH Hilo.
Keala Kahuanui, the Project Director for Moku o Keawe Makahiki Project will be holding a workshop on Makahiki and signing groups up to form teams for the January games. She will also have the games set up for students, faculty and staff to play and try their skills at one or all of the Makahiki events.
Please come and help us celebrate
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7404
What's also happening?
Week of November 22, 2015Next →
Holiday observed: Thanksgiving Day
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.