Women's Issues in the Workplace Discussion Panel - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Women's Issues in the Workplace Discussion Panel
Location: UCB 127
How can women expect to be treated differently from men in the recruiting process and in the workplace? What steps can women take now to help overcome these challenges? What is the 'glass ceiling'? Does it exist? What can young women do to break through it?
These are questions that women face every day, regardless of age. A collaborative effort of the Office of Applied Learning Experiences (ALEX), the UH Hilo Women's Center, and the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), this interactive session features a panel of human resource professionals and leaders from Big Island Toyota, Hawaii Radiologic Associates, HPM, and YWCA of Hawai`i Island.
The program format is designed to discuss the issues women face in the workplace, as well as how to overcome them. The discussion is designed to provide insights for UH Hilo students, female and male, as well as members of the general public
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7380
What's also happening?
Week of November 15, 2015Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.