'Imiloa's 8th Annual Wayfinding and Navigation Festival - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
'Imiloa's 8th Annual Wayfinding and Navigation Festival
Location: 'Imiloa Astronomy Center
Experience the “Spirit of the Wayfinder” at ‘Imiloa Astronomy Center’s 8th Annual Wayfinding & Navigation Festival sponsored by the Ama OluKai Foundation. This annual community festival explores the art and science of oceanic wayfinding, the traditional Polynesian system of navigating the open ocean without the use of modern instrumentation. Themed He Waʻa He Moku, Honoring the Spirit of the Waʻa and the ʻĀina, this full-day event takes place on Saturday, October 24, 2015 at ‘Imiloa Astronomy Center, from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Read more at: blog.imiloahawaii.org/hawaiian-culture/imiloas-annual-wayfinding-and-navigation-festival/
For more information, contact: email@example.com 808-969-9703
What's also happening?
Week of October 18, 2015Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.