Film Screening: The Mask You Live In - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Film Screening: The Mask You Live In
Location: UCB Room 100
The Mask You Live In follows boys and young men as they struggle to stay true to themselves while negotiating America’s narrow definition of masculinity. Written, produced and directed by Jennifer Siebel Newsom, the film premiered at Sundance Film Festival in 2015.
There will be a local screening of The Mask You Live In on November 4th, 2015 at the University of Hawaii at Hilo, University Classroom Building Room 100. The event will start with a pre-reception at 4:30PM, with the film screening to follow at 5:15PM.
After the screening, there will be community discussion led by Kata Issari, Joyful Heart Foundation Vice President, Hawaii Region and Dr. Sulma Gandhi, Director of UH Hilo’s Student Health & Wellness Programs. This event is free and open to the UH community and general public, sponsored by Joyful Heart Foundation, UH Hilo's Student Health & Wellness Programs, Men of Strength, Women’s Center and the Diversity Commit-tee.
The media is invited to attend the screening and cover the post-screening discussion. For more information, please contact Dr. Sulma Gandhi at firstname.lastname@example.org or (808) 932-7458.
Download a flyer for the event at: hilo.hawaii.edu/wellness/documents/Hilo-MaskYouLiveInPosterFinal8.5x11.pdf
The documentary presents the personal narratives of young boys and men and features experts in neuroscience, psychology, sociology, sports, education, and media, further exploring how gender stereotypes are interconnected with race, class, and circumstance. The Mask You Live In ultimately illustrates how we, as a society, can raise a healthier generation of boys and young men.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7458
What's also happening?
Week of November 1, 2015Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.