International Film Festival: Timor-Leste - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
International Film Festival: Timor-Leste
Location: UCB 100
The conclusion of the international film festival will feature "A Guerra de Beatriz" (Beatriz’s War). The film is the first feature film made in Timor-Leste (formerly known as East Timor) and has had only limited distribution in the United States. Set in 1975 during the Indonesian invasion of Timor, the film is a haunting, passionate story of one woman’s conviction to remain true to the man she loves and the country for which she fought. Free admission.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7467
Tags: film international
What's also happening?
Week of October 18, 2015Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.