International Film Festival: West Papua and Indonesia - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
International Film Festival: West Papua and Indonesia
Location: UCB 100
films focusing on West Papua and Indonesia. Starting at 5:30 pm, the critically acclaimed "Forgotten Bird of Paradise" provides a rare and moving insight into the forgotten struggle for independence that has gripped West Papua for over 50 year. "The Road to Home" will be shown at 6:00 pm. The film follows Benny Wenda, the Nobel Peace Prize nominated West Papuan independence leader, in his ongoing struggle to free his people from Indonesian colonial rule.
Turning to Indonesia, "The Act of Killing" will be featured at 7:30 pm. In the film, filmmaker Joshua Oppenheimer exposes the horrifying mass executions of accused communists in Indonesia and those who are celebrated in their country for perpetrating the crime. The film was a 2014 Academy Award nominee for Best Documentary Feature and won numerous international awards.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7467
Tags: film international
What's also happening?
Week of October 18, 2015Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.