Electronic Media and its impact on the Visual Arts - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Electronic Media and its impact on the Visual Arts
Location: UCB 100
Dr. Ippolito will give examples of artists and artwork of the late 20th century and the turn of the new millennium that utilize digital and electronic media. She will discuss recent changes in the international art world, particularly in the visual arts, resulting from creative artists having access to new technologies, including digital media and the Internet.
Dr. Jean M. Ippolito is an Associate Professor and Art Historian at the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo. She is an Asian Art specialist and focuses her research on contemporary digital and electronic media art. Jean Ippolito studied for her Ph. D. in the interdisciplinary program of the Advanced Computing Center for the Arts and Design at Ohio State University. Her book, published in 2012 through Common Ground press, is entitled The Search for New Media: Late 20th Century Art and Technology in Japan. It is a monograph that documents the pioneers of digital media art from Japan. Recently, Dr. Ippolito has been researching contemporary artists of China who use digital media in their work, including Xu Bing, Hu Jieming, Miao Xiaochun and others.
For more information, call CCECS at 974-7664
For disability accommodation, call 974-7664 (V) , 974-7002 (TTY) by 10/9/15
For more information, contact: email@example.com 74-7664
What's also happening?
Week of October 18, 2015Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.