Resume Writing Workshop - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Resume Writing Workshop
Location: Campus Center, Room 301
Most people know that performing well in an interview can help to guarantee a job or internship offer, but getting the interview itself requires a strong resume. This workshop is designed to help students with little work experience to develop a resume designed to highlight life experience that translate into marketable skills:
• Identify your skills and competencies from multiple life experiences.
• Organize your skills and experiences in categories that are meaningful to prospective employers.
• Tailor your resume to match the needs of a position you're applying for.
• Utilize key words to pass recruiters' '20 second scan' test.
• Format your resume in a legible and attractive manner.
Conducted by the Office of Applied Learning Experiences (ALEX).
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 987-6551
What's also happening?
Week of September 20, 2015Next →
- HAPA (Hawaii Association of Public Accountants) Scholarships
- HAPA’s Big Island Chapter provides up to $3,500 in awards to accounting scholars and future accountants each year. ...
- Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Each year, Rotary awards two types of fellowships that fund some of the world’s most dedicated and brightest professionals to study at one of Rotary’s Peace Centers around the world. ...
- Mindfulness Meditation w/Michael
- Practicing Mindfulness offers ways to calm our mind and reduce stress, enabling us to enjoy life more fully. Hosted by Michael Donenfeld who has practiced meditation with and received training from Vietnamese poet and Monk, Thich Nhat Hanh.
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.