Cooperative Integrated Farming—The SEE Agricultural System - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Cooperative Integrated Farming—The SEE Agricultural System
Location: UCB Room 100, UH Hilo campus
The University of Hawai`i at Hilo hosts a free public presentation
on an innovative small farming cooperative model based on organic
and integrated practices that is currently being field tested in
Kula, Maui. Cooperative Integrated Farming – The SEE Agricultural
System, will be held on Friday, September 18, from 6 – 8 p.m. in
UCB Room 100.
Mike Zelko, a life-long farmer originally from Hilo, will provide
a comprehensive overview of this new approach to sustainable
agriculture. The SEE Agricultural System is set up as a non-profit
research cooperative where farmers collect research data.
Participants are financially rewarded through a sophisticated,
transparent, computerized model that documents their contributions
and generates their individual tax forms to ensure fair financial
returns and non-exploitive working conditions.
The event is sponsored by the UH Hilo College of Agriculture,
Forestry and Natural Resource Management (CAFNRM) and the UH Hilo
For more information, call CAFNRM at 932-7038.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 8089327667
What's also happening?
Week of September 13, 2015Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.