Cooperative Integrated Farming—The SEE Agricultural System - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Cooperative Integrated Farming—The SEE Agricultural System
Location: UCB Room 100, UH Hilo campus
The University of Hawai`i at Hilo hosts a free public presentation
on an innovative small farming cooperative model based on organic
and integrated practices that is currently being field tested in
Kula, Maui. Cooperative Integrated Farming – The SEE Agricultural
System, will be held on Friday, September 18, from 6 – 8 p.m. in
UCB Room 100.
Mike Zelko, a life-long farmer originally from Hilo, will provide
a comprehensive overview of this new approach to sustainable
agriculture. The SEE Agricultural System is set up as a non-profit
research cooperative where farmers collect research data.
Participants are financially rewarded through a sophisticated,
transparent, computerized model that documents their contributions
and generates their individual tax forms to ensure fair financial
returns and non-exploitive working conditions.
The event is sponsored by the UH Hilo College of Agriculture,
Forestry and Natural Resource Management (CAFNRM) and the UH Hilo
For more information, call CAFNRM at 932-7038.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 8089327667
What's also happening?
Week of September 13, 2015Next →
TBD Men's Golf
TBD Men's Golf
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaii Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.