The Dragon Slayer & Other Timeless Tales of Wisdom - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
The Dragon Slayer & Other Timeless Tales of Wisdom
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
What do The Dragon Slayer, The Practical Bride, The Goddess of Mercy, and Chattering Monkeys have in common? They all have wisdom to share with everyday humans. “Cautionary tales” is what Shiho S. Nunes calls her collection of Chinese Fables, which won the 2013 Gelett Burgess Award for Children’s Fables, Folklore and Folktales. Inventing stories that delight, instruct, and reveal, 98-year old Nunes, who hails from Kaʻū and Hilo, provided the fodder for the UH Hilo Acting Troupe in this family-oriented offering. Join the storytellers who discover how wit drives wisdom in these hundreds-of-years-old yu-yen, or instructive tales.
Special Restrictions: Tickets are: $12 General, $10 Discount, $5 Student (w/VALID ID)/Child. Available at the UH Hilo Box Office Tues-Fri 9am – 1pm, call 932-7490 or online at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 932-7490
What's also happening?
Week of November 15, 2015Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.