Max Baca & Los TexManiacs - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Max Baca & Los TexManiacs
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
Max Baca and his Grammy award winning band, los TexManiacs, brings a combination of country, rock and conjunto to Hilo. With lyrics that are down to earth and often funny, conjunto ranges from fast-paced polkas (cancion-polca) to slower, Mexican-style country songs (cancion-ranchera).
Los TexManiacs recently were featured on the legendary music television program, Austin City Limits where they performed with Country music legend Dwight Yoakam and David Hidalgo of Los Lobos, to induct Flaco Jiménez into The Austin City Limits Hall of Fame.
They combine Tex-Mex conjunto, Texas rock, blues, and R&B riffs, to create the Los TexManiacs groove. It is said this is, “Hip music everyone can relate to”.
Los TexManiacs feed the masses, with only the best in musical fare. Founded by Max Baca (bajo sexton, vocals), the TexManiacs are a product of his wide-ranging experience touring and recording with groups from his father’s family conjunto, Flaco Jiménez and the original Texas Tornados, Los Super Seven and the Rolling Stones. Max is a legend on the bajo sexto, a twelve-string guitar like instrument, which customarily provides rhythm accompaniment for the button accordion, thus creating the core of the conjunto sound. Max uses the bajo sexto to push the TexManiacs sound to another level of vibrancy altogether. He has displayed a musical virtuosity and blistering guitar riff solo style that is now being emulated by young bajo players internationally. Max is credited for turning a traditional folk/roots/conjunto instrument hip again, attracting young, new audiences while maintaining his roots in traditional Tex-Mex.
Special Restrictions: Advanced Sales/At the Door General: $25/$30
Advanced Sales/At the Door Discount: $20/$25
Advanced Sales/At the Door Children 17 & under & UHH/HCC Students with valid ID: $12/17
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7490
What's also happening?
Week of October 18, 2015Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.