Upaj: Improvise FILM SCREENING - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Upaj: Improvise FILM SCREENING
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
The documentary film Upaj: Improvise, chronicles the unique collaboration between the late Kathak maestro Pandit Chitresh Das and Tap Star Jason Samuels Smith. Here Producer Antara Bhardwaj brings her two worlds of film and Classical Indian dance together. Upaj: Improvise was the Best Documentary winner at the Dance Camera West Film Festival (2014) and has screened at festivals throughout the world, including the Mumbai International Film Festival, Raindance Film Festival (U.K.) and Byron Bay Film Festival (Australia). It was broadcast nationally in the U.S. on PBS World in 2014.
Antara Bhardwaj, a disciple of renowed Kathak master, Pandit Chitresh Das, is a solo Kathak artist, and member of the internationally renowned Chitresh Das Dance Company. She is an upcoming artist of the next generation.
The event is presented in conjunction with the Indian Classical Musical Circle of Hawaii.
Special Restrictions: Tickets for this special screening will go on sale on August 25, 2015
$5 Children 17 & under & UHH/HCC Students with valid ID
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7490
What's also happening?
Week of September 13, 2015Next →
- APIA Scholarship
- This scholarship is offered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). Undergraduate students who are Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity and are US citizens, US nationals or permanent residents are eligible (students ...
- Call for Submissions - Hohonu
- Hohonu, UH Hilo's Journal for Academic Writing is currently accepting submissions for its Spring 2020 publication. The final deadline is January 24th. For more information please contact Hohonu at hohonu@hawaii. ...
- Open Positions for the Board of Student Publications!
- The Board of Student Publications (BOSP) is currently seeking students who are interested in making a difference by getting involved in their campus community; forging sustainable relationships with students, faculty, and staff at UH Hilo; and ...
- Call for Volunteers 25th Annual UH Hilo Ho`olaule`a
- Aloha Vulcans! The UH Hilo Ho`olaule`a committee is seeking volunteers to help with our 25th annual event. All those interested in volunteering are asked to fill out this form: https://forms. ...
- Submissions for Kanilehua Are Now Open
- Kanilehua is now accepting submissions of visual art (photography, drawing, painting, sculpture) and literature (short story, poetry, flash fiction, plays) for its Spring 2020 issue. ...
- Volunteers Needed for Science Olympiad Tournament
- Aloha kākou, The Center for Community Engagement & the Office of Research and Community Partnerships are hosting the 2020 Science Olympiad Hawaiʻi Island regional tournament for middle and high school students on February 8, 2020. ...
- 2020-21 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2020-21 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2019. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2020! Deadline for ...
- UH Hilo Relay for Life Committee Positions Open
- The UH Hilo Relay for Life Planning Committee is currently seeking dedicated students who are interested in volunteering to help plan the 2020 Relay for Life event as well as multiple awareness events over this school year. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.