Epic Origami at ʻImiloa - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
Epic Origami at ʻImiloa
Location: ʻImiloa Astronomy Center
ʻImiloa will explore the art and science of origami in its new temporary exhibit, Epic Origami, which will run from July 5 through September 27, 2015. Featured artist Bonnie Cherni creates everything from miniature toorigami cuong shark life-size sculptures, in mediums ranging from paper, aluminum, copper, and canvas. While the exhibit is on display at ʻImiloa, Between the Folds, an award-winning documentary that “paints an arresting portrait of the mysterious creative threads that bind us all--fusing science and sculpture, form and function, ancient and new” will be shown in the planetarium (letterbox format) daily at 11:00 am. Guests are encouraged to participate in the Origami Hunt, as well as try their hand at creating origami at the folding station. Find out more at www.imiloahawaii.org
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-969-9703
What's also happening?
Week of September 27, 2015Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.