Spring 2015 Great Leaps Dance Concert - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Spring 2015 Great Leaps Dance Concert
Location: Performing Arts Center, University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo
Featuring over 150 dancers from UH Hilo and Hawaiʻi Community College performing original choreography.
Two graduating seniors will present heartfelt reflections of their lives as Ashley Terrell honors her late father, and Zachary Tman creates an aerial dance that communicates the importance of friendship through bullying as a child.
The Dance Ensemble (DNCE 401) will perform three completely different styles. “Paid In Blood,” choreographed by Dori Yamada, plays with the ideas of contagion and infection of both the tangible and intangible kind; Lawrence Mano celebrates the power of positivity with “Believe,” while Celeste Staton and Monique Clevenger create a musical theatre romp with soft shoe, in the classic “Steam Heat.”
Kea Kapahua’s Jazz class will perform a suite of short dances saluting the musical movie era that ends with a funky modern twist. She has also choreographed a modern piece entitled, “One-Song,” inspired by astronomical movements and patterns that reflect humanity’s connection and place within that universe.
The concert will also include a pair of aerial dances from Annie Bunker, an exciting dance with an Afro-Celt sound by the Hawaiʻi Community College Modern Jazz class, along with performances from the UH Hilo Modern Dance and Ballet classes.
Special Restrictions: Tickets for the May 2 performance are priced at $7 General, and $5 Seniors, UH students (with a valid student ID) and children, up to age 17.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 932-7496
What's also happening?
Week of April 26, 2015Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.