Spring 2015 Great Leaps Dance Concert - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Spring 2015 Great Leaps Dance Concert
Location: Performing Arts Center, University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo
Featuring over 150 dancers from UH Hilo and Hawaiʻi Community College performing original choreography.
Two graduating seniors will present heartfelt reflections of their lives as Ashley Terrell honors her late father, and Zachary Tman creates an aerial dance that communicates the importance of friendship through bullying as a child.
The Dance Ensemble (DNCE 401) will perform three completely different styles. “Paid In Blood,” choreographed by Dori Yamada, plays with the ideas of contagion and infection of both the tangible and intangible kind; Lawrence Mano celebrates the power of positivity with “Believe,” while Celeste Staton and Monique Clevenger create a musical theatre romp with soft shoe, in the classic “Steam Heat.”
Kea Kapahua’s Jazz class will perform a suite of short dances saluting the musical movie era that ends with a funky modern twist. She has also choreographed a modern piece entitled, “One-Song,” inspired by astronomical movements and patterns that reflect humanity’s connection and place within that universe.
The concert will also include a pair of aerial dances from Annie Bunker, an exciting dance with an Afro-Celt sound by the Hawaiʻi Community College Modern Jazz class, along with performances from the UH Hilo Modern Dance and Ballet classes.
Special Restrictions: Tickets for the May 2 performance are priced at $7 General, and $5 Seniors, UH students (with a valid student ID) and children, up to age 17.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 932-7496
What's also happening?
Week of April 26, 2015Next →
- Samoan Club Seeks Members
- Tupulaga O Samoa Mo A Taeao, the Samoan club welcomes any students who are interested in the Samoan culture to join our club! If you're interested, submit a membership form at ...
- APIA AANAPISI Scholarship
- The Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI) Scholarship Program is administered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). ...
- Frank Zappa Design Contest
- The Student Arts Association presents the Frank Zappa Design Contest. This contest is open to anyone, not just students. The winner will receive a **$150 cash prize**. ...
- Art for Keiki: A Holiday Gift
- Students will learn techniques for creating beautiful, personalized works of art on wood. Choosing brushes, blending colors, preparing the surface, as well as basic painting approaches will be covered. ...
- Miniature Art: Tiles
- Create quick and satisfying miniature works of art and then transform them into functional gifts! Students will learn basic painting and collaging techniques to create beautiful, personalized tiles that can be used as accents in the home, ...
- Critical Language Scholarship Available
- The Summer 2020 Critical Language Scholarship application is now available. Spend 8-to-10 weeks abroad during the summer learning Azerbaijani, Bangla, Hindi, Indonesian, Korean, Punjabi, Swahili, Turkish, Urdu, Arabic, Persian, Chinese, ...
- Time Change for Vinyasa Yoga Class at Student Life Center
- Come challenge yourself and relax deeply with a Vinyasa Flow Yoga class at the Student Life Center! New times offered: Mondays and Fridays at 6 pm. Wednesday's class will continue to be at 7 pm.
- Planning CoBE summer classes now: please take the survey
- Do you want to take a class in Sustainable Tourism for Hawaii and the Pacific? Social Media Analytics? Strategic Innovation? Retail Management? The College of Business and Economics is scheduling summer courses now. ...
- 13th Annual Korea-America Student Conference
- The 13th Korea-America Student Conference (KASC) will bring together Korean and American university students from a variety of academic disciplines to live, travel, and conduct original peer-reviewed research together. ...
- APIA Scholarship
- This scholarship is offered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). Undergraduate students who are Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity and are US citizens, US nationals or permanent residents are eligible (students ...
- 2020-21 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2020-21 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2019. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2020! Deadline for ...
- UH Hilo Relay for Life Committee Postions Open
- The UH Hilo Relay for Life Planning Committee is currently seeking dedicated students who are interested in volunteering to help plan the 2020 Relay for Life event as well as multiple awareness events over this school year. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.