Introduction to Student Coaching Workshop - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Introduction to Student Coaching Workshop
Location: University of Hawaii Center, West Hawaii, classroom B4-R3
This workshop will provide an overview of how the University of Hawai‘i Community Colleges (UHCC) Ho’a Coaching team came to be, what academic coaching is, the elements and structure of coaching, and topics used as focal points of communication between students and the coach. Participants will gain an idea on how to incorporate coaching in different student services settings.
This is part of a series of free workshops that are available to the students, staff, faculty, and community members on Thursday, April 23 in Kealakekua and Friday, April 24 in Hilo.
Workshops will be facilitated by the Ho’a Coaching Program, which consists of Student Success Coaches from across the seven UHCC campuses. They work closely with academic advisors, counselors, retention specialists and other resources on their campuses to support students in achieving their personal, academic, and other professional goals. Throughout their tenure, the Ho’a Coaching Team members have evolved their coaching styles that fit into the unique Hawaiian environment.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 937-0950
What's also happening?
Week of April 19, 2015Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.