Labor Pains - Fighting for Women in Science - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Labor Pains - Fighting for Women in Science
Location: Campus Center 301
All are welcome to attend a panel discussion focussing on women in science. Topics to be covered include:
- Career options for a science degree
- What women scientists research
- Why women leave the sciences
Moderator: Dr. Celia Bardwell-Jones, Assistant Professor of Philosophy; Program Coordinator of Women's Studies
- Dr. Kathy Cooksey, PhD in Astronomy & Astrophysics, Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy
- Dr. Marianne Takamiya, PhD in Astronomy & Astrophysics, Associate Professor and Chair of Physics and Astronomy
- Dr Natalie Crist, PhD in Chemistry, Instructor of Chemistry
This event is sponsored by the American Association of University Women (AAUW), Hilo chapter, and the UH Hilo Women's Studies program
Special Restrictions: For disability accommodations, please contact the Disability Services office at (808) 932-7263; TTY (808) 932-7002 or email email@example.com
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 932-7230
What's also happening?
Week of April 19, 2015Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.