Guest Lecture: Rise of ISIS; Syrian Civil War; Nuclear Iran - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Guest Lecture: Rise of ISIS; Syrian Civil War; Nuclear Iran
Location: UCB 100
Former Ambassador Gary Grappo will be visiting UH Hilo to speak about the rise of ISIS, the Syrian Civil War, and nuke negotiation with Iran. Mr. Grappo has held leadership positions in a variety of public, private, and nonprofit domains for nearly 40 years. In the State Department, Mr. Grappo served in a number of senior positions, including as Diplomat to the Sultanate of Oman and as Envoy and Head of Mission of the Office of the Quartet Representative, Minister Counselor for Political Affairs, and Charge d’Affaires and Deputy Chief of Mission, in Israel, Iraq, and Saudi Arabia, respectively. He has received numerous State Department awards, including the 2009 Senior Foreign Service Presidential Award for his service as Chief of Mission in Oman.
Mr. Grappo holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics from the U.S. Air Force Academy, a Master of Science degree in Geodetic Science and Survey Engineering from Purdue University, and an MBA from Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business.
All students, faculty, and staff at UH Hilo and HawCC as well as community members are welcome to attend Mr. Grappo’s lecture, which will be held from 12:30PM to 1:45PM on Tuesday, April 7, in UCB 100. Following this lecture, at 1:45PM, in UCB 100, Mr. Grappo will host an informal conversation for students who are interested in learning more about careers in the Foreign Service. Please go to docs.google.com/a/hawaii.edu/forms/d/1pdFnWG9iCc2ylZ23OFdzsh9Zq0QKRQQC-v1rhd7I9c/viewform?usp=sendform to reserve your seat for the lecture and/or informal conversation session.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 932-7127
What's also happening?
Week of April 5, 2015Next →
- UHHSA Elections Applications
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association is keeping applications open for multiple positions for 2019/2020 academic school year. Applications are available on the UHHSA website, in the UHHSA office and in the Campus Center. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.