Ka Lama Ku Leadership Recognition Deadline - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Ka Lama Ku Leadership Recognition Deadline
Location: Campus Center, rm 309
Deadline for nominations for the Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Recognition Awards is today for 2014/2015 School Year by students, faculty, staff and community members.
The Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Recognition Program recognizes the contributions students have made in their formal and informal leadership roles on campus and within the community. The program acknowledges individual students, and students who are with a group, team or organization who have shown strong evidence of future leadership potential. Current students who have 6 or more credits with a cumulative 2.5 GPA and Fall 2014 Graduate students are eligible for the Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Recognition Award. Nominations are being accepted in the following recognition categories:
• ALAKA‘I AWARD: Leadership
• ʻIKE PĀPĀLUA AWARD:To have the gift of vision.
• KULEANA AWARD: We are accountable and responsible.
• LAULIMA AWARD: No task is too big when done by all.
• MĀLAMA AWARD: Taking care of others and community.
Criteria and nomination forms are available at the Campus Center website: hilo.hawaii.edu/campuscenter.
DEADLINE: Extended to Wednesday, April 15, 2015 by 3:00 p.m. to Campus Center Room 309. Please remember only printed forms and essays will be accepted.
The Student Recognition Ceremony will be held on Tuesday, May 5, 2015 at 5:00-7:00 PM at Campus Center 301.
For further information, contact the Student Leadership Development Program at firstname.lastname@example.org or Leomi L. Bergknut at 808-932-7377. Mahalo Nui!
For more information, contact: email@example.com 808-932-7377
Special Restrictions: Nominees must be currently registered for at least six UH Hilo credits, with a cum GPA of 2.5 and free of any disciplinary actions. Nominee may also be a Fall 2014 graduate.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 932-7377
What's also happening?
Week of April 12, 2015Next →
- HAPA (Hawaii Association of Public Accountants) Scholarships
- HAPA’s Big Island Chapter provides up to $3,500 in awards to accounting scholars and future accountants each year. ...
- Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Each year, Rotary awards two types of fellowships that fund some of the world’s most dedicated and brightest professionals to study at one of Rotary’s Peace Centers around the world. ...
- Mindfulness Meditation w/Michael
- Practicing Mindfulness offers ways to calm our mind and reduce stress, enabling us to enjoy life more fully. Hosted by Michael Donenfeld who has practiced meditation with and received training from Vietnamese poet and Monk, Thich Nhat Hanh.
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.