SafeTALK Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
SafeTALK Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training
Location: UCB Rm 111 and UCB Rm 112
UH Hilo’s Student Health & Wellness Programs, Counseling Services is partnering with the Department of Health to provide a free SafeTalk training at UH Hilo, on Wednesday, March 25, 2015.
This free 4‐hour session will prepare you to recognize and support a person with thoughts of suicide. You will become a “safeTALK‐trained suicide alert helper,” which will allow you to move beyond the common tendency to dismiss or avoid suicide. This training will provide instruction in how to properly connect a person with thoughts of suicide to first aid and intervention caregivers.
Two trainings will be conducted simultaneously.
Register at the following links:
Special Restrictions: Restrictions: Those who have experienced a recent loss to suicide may find suicide prevention trainings difficult and are advised not to attend. If you are overwhelmed and need to talk, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:1-800-273-8255
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-932-7462
What's also happening?
Week of March 22, 2015Next →
Holiday observed: Prince Jonah Kūhiō Kalanianaʻole Day
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.