Albert Saijo Symposium - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Albert Saijo Symposium
Location: Campus Center, Room 301
The art department will host a two-day symposium in March celebrating the exhibition and poet Albert Saijo.
Symposium presenters will include:
- Timothy Freeman, UH Hilo instructor of philosophy (currently teaching PHIL 330 Philosophy of Art)
- Michael Stein, UH Hilo instructor of art (currently teaching Art 394, a writing intensive course, Philosophy of Art: Principles and Criticism)
- Visiting scholar Jan Garden Castro, art teacher and author based in New York
- Visiting scholar Susan M. Schultz, professor of English at UH Mānoa, who has written extensively about Saijo’s work and recently published in January 2015, WOODRAT FLAT, Albert Saijo through her publishing house Tinfish Press, at which she serves as editor.
Light refreshments to follow.
Learn more at hilo.hawaii.edu/news/stories/2015/02/19/albert-saijo/
For more information, contact: email@example.com 932-7237
What's also happening?
Week of March 8, 2015Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.