Career Fair Success Workshop - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Career Fair Success Workshop
Location: Campus Center 306
On Monday, March 2, the ALEX office will feature two opportunities for students to interact with prospective employers as part of a Career Expo, a 'Talk Story Session' on the library lanai from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. and a 'Job and Internship Fair' from 5 - 7 p.m. This workshop addresses how students should prepare for and participate in these events in order to guarantee their success in identifying and obtaining the perfect internship or full time position. Topics include:
- How to identify positions that match your skills and background.
- What to research about the positions and organizations before you attend the expo.
- How to properly approach and greet employers at the expo.
- What you should and should say when interacting with employers at the expo.
- Developing a 30-second commercial you can use to introduce and promote yourself at the expo.
- How you should follow up with employers following the fair.
- Tips on how to nail your interviews following the fair.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 8089876551
Tags: career planning workshop
What's also happening?
Week of March 1, 2015Next →
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.