Agroforestry for Hawaii Farmers and Ranchers - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Agroforestry for Hawaii Farmers and Ranchers
Location: UH-Hilo College of Ag Building (CAB) 102, the adjacent UH-Hilo greenhouse, and various agroforestry sites in East Hawai’i
Agroforestry is the intentional integration of trees and shrubs in combination with crops or livestock to create a system that is managed to provide economic, environmental and social benefits to landowners. Register for a series of 5 sessions or just one class to learn how to use agroforestry practices to establish a more resilient farming or ranching system while diversifying production.
Instructor: Zach Mermel of OLA Design Group
Dates: March 14-April 11, 2015, 5 Saturdays, 9am - 4pm (30 hours total)
Contact Luisa F. Castro at 808-974-7664 or visit us online for more information about this training, hilo.hawaii.edu/academics/ccecs/courses.php
Special Restrictions: Cost: $325 bundled rate for all 5 sessions or $75 per class session. Eligible for a subsidy through the Employment & Training Fund.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's also happening?
Week of March 8, 2015Next →
- Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Each year, Rotary awards two types of fellowships that fund some of the world’s most dedicated and brightest professionals to study at one of Rotary’s Peace Centers around the world. ...
- Mindfulness Meditation w/Michael
- Practicing Mindfulness offers ways to calm our mind and reduce stress, enabling us to enjoy life more fully. Hosted by Michael Donenfeld who has practiced meditation with and received training from Vietnamese poet and Monk, Thich Nhat Hanh.
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.