Agroforestry for Hawaii Farmers and Ranchers - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Agroforestry for Hawaii Farmers and Ranchers
Location: UH-Hilo College of Ag Building (CAB) 102, the adjacent UH-Hilo greenhouse, and various agroforestry sites in East Hawai’i
Agroforestry is the intentional integration of trees and shrubs in combination with crops or livestock to create a system that is managed to provide economic, environmental and social benefits to landowners. Register for a series of 5 sessions or just one class to learn how to use agroforestry practices to establish a more resilient farming or ranching system while diversifying production.
Instructor: Zach Mermel of OLA Design Group
Dates: March 14-April 11, 2015, 5 Saturdays, 9am - 4pm (30 hours total)
Contact Luisa F. Castro at 808-974-7664 or visit us online for more information about this training, hilo.hawaii.edu/academics/ccecs/courses.php
Special Restrictions: Cost: $325 bundled rate for all 5 sessions or $75 per class session. Eligible for a subsidy through the Employment & Training Fund.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's also happening?
Week of March 8, 2015Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.