Eia Hawaiʻi Lecture Series: 21st Century Native Hawaiians - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Eia Hawaiʻi Lecture Series: 21st Century Native Hawaiians
Location: UCB 127
MAʻO Organic Farms is a nationally recognized social enterprise that utilizes culturally and community relevant edu-preneurial knowledge and practices to restore just, sustainable and resilient ancestral abundance. MAʻO is an acronym meaning "mala" (garden), ʻai (food), ʻopio (youth), or youth food garden. It's goals has been to leverage the rich food producing traditions of the Waianae region and assisting local youth to reaching their full leadership potential, academically and culturally. Born and raised in Waianae, Kamuela received a bachelor's degree in Hawaiian studies and master's degree in urban and regional planning from UH Mānoa. He was recently a commissioner on President Obama's White House Initiative on Asians and Pacific Islanders and is currently an Omidyar Fellow, a group of young emerging leaders who have the skills and ability to collectively transform Hawaiʻi.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-932-7418
What's also happening?
Week of February 15, 2015Next →
Holiday observed: Presidents’ Day
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.