Hohonu Cover Art Design Contest - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
Hohonu Cover Art Design Contest
Hohonu, UH Hilo’s academic journal is seeking for potential cover art pieces for our 2013-2014 AND 2014-2015 publications!
1st prize winner will be awarded a Wacon Intuos Professional Pen and Touch – Medium (one of the best graphics pads in the country) and the winning art will be featured on the cover of the 2014-2015 publication (this academic year).
2nd prize winner will be awarded a Kindle Fire and the winning art will be featured on the cover of the 2013-2014 publication (last academic year).
The artwork may be graphic design, a painting, print, pencil or any other 2D piece. 3D pieces will not be accepted!
The artwork must:
1. Be vertical (and or able to be cropped into a vertical frame)
2. Include aspect(s) of Hawaiian culture or illustrate Hawaiian traditions (i.e.) taro plants, volcanoes, waterfalls, honu, lehua, Pele) you may be really creative and include multiple things!
3. Not contain any nudity, drug or alcohol related content, false or obscene language. Please keep it all-age appropriate.
4. Not contain text
The deadline for submission is at 6:00pm on February 10, 2015.
To submit, please e-mail an appropriate (meaning good quality) picture of your artwork to Samantha Howell, Hohonu Editor in Chief at:
If you have any questions or cannot provide appropriate images of your artwork, feel free to contact us through the same e-mail above or visit us at Campus Center 215. If necessary, we will be able to take images for you.
There is not much time left so HURRY, HURRY! A Wacon Intuos or Kindle awaits the winners!
Hohonu Editor and Chief
Special Restrictions: Open to currently registered UH Hilo students only.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
What's also happening?
Week of February 8, 2015Next →
- Miniature Art: Magnets
- Create quick and satisfying miniature works of art and then transform them into functional gifts! Students will learn basic drawing, coloring, collaging, and painting techniques, then create different styles of magnets. ...
- Hohonu Editor Positions are Open
- Hohonu, UH Hilo's academic magazine, is now accepting general editor applications. Pick up an application form to apply in Campus Center room 210. Must be a UH Hilo student registered in six credits, a minimum 2. ...
- Kanilehua Positions are Open
- Kanilehua, UH Hilo's Art & Literary Magazine is now accepting applications for its Art Editor, Literary Editor, and Layout Designer positions. Pick up a form in Campus Center Room 210 to apply.
- Samoan Club Seeks Members
- Tupulaga O Samoa Mo A Taeao, the Samoan club welcomes any students who are interested in the Samoan culture to join our club! If you're interested, submit a membership form at ...
- APIA AANAPISI Scholarship
- The Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI) Scholarship Program is administered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). ...
- Frank Zappa Design Contest
- The Student Arts Association presents the Frank Zappa Design Contest. This contest is open to anyone, not just students. The winner will receive a **$150 cash prize**. ...
- Art for Keiki: A Holiday Gift
- Students will learn techniques for creating beautiful, personalized works of art on wood. Choosing brushes, blending colors, preparing the surface, as well as basic painting approaches will be covered. ...
- Miniature Art: Tiles
- Create quick and satisfying miniature works of art and then transform them into functional gifts! Students will learn basic painting and collaging techniques to create beautiful, personalized tiles that can be used as accents in the home, ...
- Critical Language Scholarship Available
- The Summer 2020 Critical Language Scholarship application is now available. Spend 8-to-10 weeks abroad during the summer learning Azerbaijani, Bangla, Hindi, Indonesian, Korean, Punjabi, Swahili, Turkish, Urdu, Arabic, Persian, Chinese, ...
- Time Change for Vinyasa Yoga Class at Student Life Center
- Come challenge yourself and relax deeply with a Vinyasa Flow Yoga class at the Student Life Center! New times offered: Mondays and Fridays at 6 pm. Wednesday's class will continue to be at 7 pm.
- Planning CoBE summer classes now: please take the survey
- Do you want to take a class in Sustainable Tourism for Hawaii and the Pacific? Social Media Analytics? Strategic Innovation? Retail Management? The College of Business and Economics is scheduling summer courses now. ...
- 13th Annual Korea-America Student Conference
- The 13th Korea-America Student Conference (KASC) will bring together Korean and American university students from a variety of academic disciplines to live, travel, and conduct original peer-reviewed research together. ...
- APIA Scholarship
- This scholarship is offered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). Undergraduate students who are Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity and are US citizens, US nationals or permanent residents are eligible (students ...
- 2020-21 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2020-21 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2019. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2020! Deadline for ...
- UH Hilo Relay for Life Committee Postions Open
- The UH Hilo Relay for Life Planning Committee is currently seeking dedicated students who are interested in volunteering to help plan the 2020 Relay for Life event as well as multiple awareness events over this school year. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.