Hohonu Cover Art Design Contest - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
Hohonu Cover Art Design Contest
Hohonu, UH Hilo’s academic journal is seeking for potential cover art pieces for our 2013-2014 AND 2014-2015 publications!
1st prize winner will be awarded a Wacon Intuos Professional Pen and Touch – Medium (one of the best graphics pads in the country) and the winning art will be featured on the cover of the 2014-2015 publication (this academic year).
2nd prize winner will be awarded a Kindle Fire and the winning art will be featured on the cover of the 2013-2014 publication (last academic year).
The artwork may be graphic design, a painting, print, pencil or any other 2D piece. 3D pieces will not be accepted!
The artwork must:
1. Be vertical (and or able to be cropped into a vertical frame)
2. Include aspect(s) of Hawaiian culture or illustrate Hawaiian traditions (i.e.) taro plants, volcanoes, waterfalls, honu, lehua, Pele) you may be really creative and include multiple things!
3. Not contain any nudity, drug or alcohol related content, false or obscene language. Please keep it all-age appropriate.
4. Not contain text
The deadline for submission is at 6:00pm on February 10, 2015.
To submit, please e-mail an appropriate (meaning good quality) picture of your artwork to Samantha Howell, Hohonu Editor in Chief at:
If you have any questions or cannot provide appropriate images of your artwork, feel free to contact us through the same e-mail above or visit us at Campus Center 215. If necessary, we will be able to take images for you.
There is not much time left so HURRY, HURRY! A Wacon Intuos or Kindle awaits the winners!
Hohonu Editor and Chief
Special Restrictions: Open to currently registered UH Hilo students only.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
What's also happening?
Week of February 8, 2015Next →
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.