Prince Ea - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Location: Campus Center Plaza
Prince EA, is an Award-winning American rapper, music video director and rights activist from St Louis, Missouri. Prince Ea was born as Richard Williams, and his alias is derived from Sumerian mythology ("The prince of the Earth"). In 2011, Prince Ea graduated Summa Cum Laude, with full scholarship, from the University of Missouri St. Louis, with his BA in Anthropology.
In 2009, Prince Ea formed a movement he called "Make 'SMART' Cool. SMART is an acronym for "Sophisticating Minds And Revolutionizing Thought". He was upset at the present state of the music industry and attempted to "promote intelligence to everyone, everywhere and integrate it with hip-hop. To create and nurture, without discrimination or preference, a community of free-thinking individuals under the singular purpose of promoting the ideals of education, intelligence, unity and creativity throughout the world at large." (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Ea).
Prince Ea was featured in the 2010 December issue of DISCOVER magazine for his academically provocative single “The Brain,” where he was dubbed “The King of brainy hip-hop.” In 2011 he won the Riverfront Times "Best hip-hop artist in St. Louis" among many other awards.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808)932-7463
What's also happening?
Week of February 15, 2015Next →
Holiday observed: Presidents’ Day
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.