The Vagina Monologues 2015 - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
The Vagina Monologues 2015
Location: The Palace Theatre
The 2015 Vagina Monologues is an episodic play consisting of a variety of monologues read by several women; about sex, love, rape, birth, violence and related topics. 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men, will face different kinds of Domestic Violence in their lifetime (www.ncadv.org/). They will face discrimination in the workplace and women will face struggles with other women who contribute to the cycle of oppression. This performance will touch on an array of emotions from laughter to tears and captivate the audience. A recurring theme throughout the piece is the vagina as a tool of female empowerment, and the ultimate embodiment of individuality.This play written by Eve Ensler, originally in 1996, helps to raise funds to help end violence against women and girls in Hawaii
Special Restrictions: Purchase tickets online starting Feb 1st via the UH Hilo Women's Center website and Facebook page.
$10 in advance
$15 at the door
Portion of proceeds goes to Hale Ohana Domestic Violence Shelter & UHH Women's Center.
For more information, contact: email@example.com Juanita Revell
What's also happening?
Week of February 22, 2015Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.