Film Screening: 'Ike- Knowledge is Everywhere - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Film Screening: 'Ike- Knowledge is Everywhere
Location: UCB Room 100
UH Hilo Student Health & Wellness Programs will be hosting multiple film viewings of “Ike: Knowledge is Everywhere”.
The screenings will be open to UH Hilo, HawCC faculty, staff, students and the community. The Director of the film will be available for Q&A after the film.
Time & Location:
• First Viewing: 9AM-11AM at UCB Room 100
• Second Viewing: 12PM-2PM at College of Pharmacy Classroom 2 (LPLH2)
‘Ike is a film about the power of compassion, collaboration, and community to address society’s most pressing social issue. It is a documentary which explores the challenges and triumphs of the education system in Hawai’i- and in the spirit of its prequel (Ola- Health is Everything), students, teachers, and advocates share stories of hope and triumph that kindle the fires of our determination to build a vibrant, healthier world.
Please visit www.ikemovie.com/ for more information.
Director Matthew Nagato:
Director Matthew Nagato is currently the Communications Director of the Hawai'i Primary Care Association, a nonprofit public health organization dedicated to improving the health of communities.
He is also the writer, director, and producer of the documentaries "Ola - Health is Everything”, and “Ike- Knowledge is Everywhere”. He has also worked in a variety of Hawai‘i’s health care organizations, applying his diverse expertise in strategic planning, operations management, communications, marketing, product development, and information systems.
In 2011 and 2012, Matthew managed two critically acclaimed media projects, both of which received Gold Pele (AAF) Awards. The Feel Good awareness campaign and the animated “What is a Community Health Center?” project received national and international attention for their clear and inventive use of video to educate and improve advocacy.
He speaks regularly at health care conferences and to medical organizations on system transformation, health care reform, and innovation.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's also happening?
Week of February 1, 2015Next →
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.