Human Rights Watch Film Festival - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Human Rights Watch Film Festival
Location: UCB Room 127
Check out award winning films that focus on human rights issues around the world! The festival features "Returns to Homs" about young revolutionaries in Syria, which won the World Cinema Grand Jury Prize at Sundance in 2014. "Big Men" explores American oil investment in West Africa. "Scheherazade’s Diary" is a documentary about women inmates involved in a drama therapy/theater project in a Lebanon prison, while "Sepideh: Reaching for the Stars" features a young Iranian woman who dares to dream of a future as an astronaut. For more information including short clips from the films, visit hilo.hawaii.edu/international. Free admission.
Human Rights Watch is one of the world's leading independent organizations dedicated to defending and protecting human rights. Its film festival bears witness to human rights violations and creates a forum to empower audiences with the knowledge that personal commitment can make a difference.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 808-932-7467
What's also happening?
Week of February 22, 2015Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.