The Science behind Type II Diabetes - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
The Science behind Type II Diabetes
Location: UCB 100
In 2012, 29.1 million Americans had diabetes and it was the 7th leading cause of death in 2010. In this presentation, Dr. Gotshalk will:
• introduce diabetes
• describe the physiological facts of diabetes including insulin control of blood sugar
• discuss mechanisms for health problems due to diabetes
• discuss the effects of stress on diabetes
• present why diabetes will be one of the greatest killers in our society in terms of genetic evolution; and
• share his thoughts on how to incorporate preventive actions to stop the international onslaught of type II diabetes
For disability accommodation, call 974-7664 (V), 974-7002 (TTY) by December 7
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 974-7664
What's also happening?
Week of December 14, 2014Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.