Free Workshop in Student Success Coaching - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Free Workshop in Student Success Coaching
Location: HawCC Kaneikeao room, Bldg 379-1
Hawai‘i Community College is offering a free workshop that is designed to help those who work in education, workforce development, and service-oriented organizations — as well as parents and guardians — become better coaches for their students and clients.
Called “Student Success Coaching – What You Need to Know,” the one-day, two-session workshop gives participants insight into the academic coaching methodology.
Participants will gain a better understanding of the mindsets of students/clients and learn to improve communications using that knowledge.
The workshop will be held on Thursday, Dec. 4, in Hawai‘i Community College’s Kaneikeao conference room in Hilo. Session I runs from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., with presentation topics that include theories, structure, and techniques of coaching. Session II runs from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., with skills building through role play and interactive activities.
Participants can choose to sign
up for the morning, afternoon, or both sessions.
The training will be facilitated by the Ho’a Coaching Team. Established in April 2014, the team consists of Student Success Coaches from the seven campuses that comprise the University of Hawai‘i Community Colleges.
Many of them have been coaching since August 2013 and have received extensive trainings in coaching and management skills. They work closely with academic advisors, counselors, retention specialists and other resources across campus to support students in achieving their personal, academic, and other professional goals. Throughout their tenure, the Ho’a Coaching Team members have evolved their coaching styles so they fit the unique Hawaiian environment.
Sponsored by the US Department of Labor’s Community College and Career Training (C3T-1) grant, this training is being offered to the community free of charge. For more information or to sign up, please contact Lily Chan-Harris, Hawai‘i Community College student coach, at 937-0950 or email her at email@example.com.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 937-0950
What's also happening?
Week of November 30, 2014Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.