Free Workshop in Student Success Coaching - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Free Workshop in Student Success Coaching
Location: HawCC Kaneikeao room, Bldg 379-1
Hawai‘i Community College is offering a free workshop that is designed to help those who work in education, workforce development, and service-oriented organizations — as well as parents and guardians — become better coaches for their students and clients.
Called “Student Success Coaching – What You Need to Know,” the one-day, two-session workshop gives participants insight into the academic coaching methodology.
Participants will gain a better understanding of the mindsets of students/clients and learn to improve communications using that knowledge.
The workshop will be held on Thursday, Dec. 4, in Hawai‘i Community College’s Kaneikeao conference room in Hilo. Session I runs from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., with presentation topics that include theories, structure, and techniques of coaching. Session II runs from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., with skills building through role play and interactive activities.
Participants can choose to sign
up for the morning, afternoon, or both sessions.
The training will be facilitated by the Ho’a Coaching Team. Established in April 2014, the team consists of Student Success Coaches from the seven campuses that comprise the University of Hawai‘i Community Colleges.
Many of them have been coaching since August 2013 and have received extensive trainings in coaching and management skills. They work closely with academic advisors, counselors, retention specialists and other resources across campus to support students in achieving their personal, academic, and other professional goals. Throughout their tenure, the Ho’a Coaching Team members have evolved their coaching styles so they fit the unique Hawaiian environment.
Sponsored by the US Department of Labor’s Community College and Career Training (C3T-1) grant, this training is being offered to the community free of charge. For more information or to sign up, please contact Lily Chan-Harris, Hawai‘i Community College student coach, at 937-0950 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 937-0950
What's also happening?
Week of November 30, 2014Next →
- Miniature Art: Magnets
- Create quick and satisfying miniature works of art and then transform them into functional gifts! Students will learn basic drawing, coloring, collaging, and painting techniques, then create different styles of magnets. ...
- Hohonu Editor Positions are Open
- Hohonu, UH Hilo's academic magazine, is now accepting general editor applications. Pick up an application form to apply in Campus Center room 210. Must be a UH Hilo student registered in six credits, a minimum 2. ...
- Kanilehua Positions are Open
- Kanilehua, UH Hilo's Art & Literary Magazine is now accepting applications for its Art Editor, Literary Editor, and Layout Designer positions. Pick up a form in Campus Center Room 210 to apply.
- Samoan Club Seeks Members
- Tupulaga O Samoa Mo A Taeao, the Samoan club welcomes any students who are interested in the Samoan culture to join our club! If you're interested, submit a membership form at ...
- APIA AANAPISI Scholarship
- The Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI) Scholarship Program is administered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). ...
- Frank Zappa Design Contest
- The Student Arts Association presents the Frank Zappa Design Contest. This contest is open to anyone, not just students. The winner will receive a **$150 cash prize**. ...
- Art for Keiki: A Holiday Gift
- Students will learn techniques for creating beautiful, personalized works of art on wood. Choosing brushes, blending colors, preparing the surface, as well as basic painting approaches will be covered. ...
- Miniature Art: Tiles
- Create quick and satisfying miniature works of art and then transform them into functional gifts! Students will learn basic painting and collaging techniques to create beautiful, personalized tiles that can be used as accents in the home, ...
- Critical Language Scholarship Available
- The Summer 2020 Critical Language Scholarship application is now available. Spend 8-to-10 weeks abroad during the summer learning Azerbaijani, Bangla, Hindi, Indonesian, Korean, Punjabi, Swahili, Turkish, Urdu, Arabic, Persian, Chinese, ...
- Time Change for Vinyasa Yoga Class at Student Life Center
- Come challenge yourself and relax deeply with a Vinyasa Flow Yoga class at the Student Life Center! New times offered: Mondays and Fridays at 6 pm. Wednesday's class will continue to be at 7 pm.
- Planning CoBE summer classes now: please take the survey
- Do you want to take a class in Sustainable Tourism for Hawaii and the Pacific? Social Media Analytics? Strategic Innovation? Retail Management? The College of Business and Economics is scheduling summer courses now. ...
- 13th Annual Korea-America Student Conference
- The 13th Korea-America Student Conference (KASC) will bring together Korean and American university students from a variety of academic disciplines to live, travel, and conduct original peer-reviewed research together. ...
- APIA Scholarship
- This scholarship is offered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). Undergraduate students who are Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity and are US citizens, US nationals or permanent residents are eligible (students ...
- 2020-21 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2020-21 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2019. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2020! Deadline for ...
- UH Hilo Relay for Life Committee Postions Open
- The UH Hilo Relay for Life Planning Committee is currently seeking dedicated students who are interested in volunteering to help plan the 2020 Relay for Life event as well as multiple awareness events over this school year. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.