SafeTALK Suicide Prevention Training - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
SafeTALK Suicide Prevention Training
Location: UCB, Room 111
UH Hilo’s Student Health & Wellness Programs, Counseling Services is partnering with the Department of Health to provide this amazing opportunity for the free SafeTalk training at UH Hilo, on Friday November 21, 2014.(www.livingworks.net/programs/safetalk/)
This free 4-hour session will prepare you to recognize and support a person with thoughts of suicide. You will become a “safeTALK-trained suicide alert helper,” which will allow you to move beyond the common tendency to dismiss or avoid suicide. This training will provide instruction in how to properly connect a person with thoughts of suicide to first aid and intervention caregivers.
Special Restrictions: Those who have experienced a recent loss to suicide may find suicide prevention trainings difficult and are advised not to attend. If you are overwhelmed and need to talk, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 932-7462
What's also happening?
Week of November 16, 2014Next →
- Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Each year, Rotary awards two types of fellowships that fund some of the world’s most dedicated and brightest professionals to study at one of Rotary’s Peace Centers around the world. ...
- Mindfulness Meditation w/Michael
- Practicing Mindfulness offers ways to calm our mind and reduce stress, enabling us to enjoy life more fully. Hosted by Michael Donenfeld who has practiced meditation with and received training from Vietnamese poet and Monk, Thich Nhat Hanh.
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.