Celebrate Women's Empowerment Month - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Celebrate Women's Empowerment Month
Location: Campus Center
Join the Women's Center for celebrating Women's Empowerment Month in November. Want to make a difference in someone else's life? Well here's your chance! Check out our awesome events that will empower you to pay it forward.
? Clothesline Project-
o Date: Wednesday-November 5
o Time: 10:00am-1:00pm
o Location: CC-Plaza
o Short Description: This event addresses the issue of violence against women by providing a vehicle for women to express their emotions by decorating a shirt.
? Safe Zone Training-
o Date: Thursday-November 6 & Wednesday-November 19
o Time: 5:00pm-7:00pm
o Location: CC-306
o Short Description: Safe Zone Training is a program that helps you to gain knowledge and awareness towards the LGBT community. It also helps people to understand how to make the campus and community a more inclusive environment. Get certified for Safe Zone Ally Training. Learn to be a resource when someone "Comes Out". - After Training, you will receive a door deck and a certificate.
? Words of Empowerment-
o Date: Tuesday-November 18
o Time: 10:00am-2:00pm
o Location: CC-Plaza
o Short Description: This event will be an opportunity for our UH Hilo Community to write a message to empower others. You will be able to decorate your own card and write a message to someone to empower.
? 26th Annual Family Peace Walk & Vigil-
o Date: Friday-November 21
o Time: 4:00pm
o Location: Wailoa State Park, Kamehameha Statue
o Short Description: This event is commemorating Domestic Violence Awareness Month- 4:00pm (Assemble at Kamehameha Statue, sign waiving along Pauahi Street prior to walk, sign waiving along Kilauea Avenue for those who prefer not to do the walk) 4:25pm (Begin Family Peace Walk to Aupuni Center), 5:00pm (Vigil at Aupuni Center, Resource Fair/Music/Fellowship/Light Refreshments) WEAR PURPLE-to remember lost lives
? Empowering Women through ART-
o Date: Tuesday-November 25
o Time: 6:00pm-9:00pm
o Location: CC-Plaza
o Short Description: Come and celebrate Womenï¿½s Empowerment through music and art. The purpose of our event is to educate our UH Hilo Community in sharing stories or messages that empower others to learn the importance of empowerment and paying it forward by participating or showing your support in attending.
For more information about any of our events, please contact the Womenï¿½s Center via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, via phone (808) 932-7381 or stop by our office in Student Services Center-223.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 808-932-7381
What's also happening?
Week of November 2, 2014Next →
Holiday observed: General Election Day
- Samoan Club Seeks Members
- Tupulaga O Samoa Mo A Taeao, the Samoan club welcomes any students who are interested in the Samoan culture to join our club! If you're interested, submit a membership form at ...
- APIA AANAPISI Scholarship
- The Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI) Scholarship Program is administered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). ...
- Frank Zappa Design Contest
- The Student Arts Association presents the Frank Zappa Design Contest. This contest is open to anyone, not just students. The winner will receive a **$150 cash prize**. ...
- Art for Keiki: A Holiday Gift
- Students will learn techniques for creating beautiful, personalized works of art on wood. Choosing brushes, blending colors, preparing the surface, as well as basic painting approaches will be covered. ...
- Miniature Art: Tiles
- Create quick and satisfying miniature works of art and then transform them into functional gifts! Students will learn basic painting and collaging techniques to create beautiful, personalized tiles that can be used as accents in the home, ...
- Critical Language Scholarship Available
- The Summer 2020 Critical Language Scholarship application is now available. Spend 8-to-10 weeks abroad during the summer learning Azerbaijani, Bangla, Hindi, Indonesian, Korean, Punjabi, Swahili, Turkish, Urdu, Arabic, Persian, Chinese, ...
- Time Change for Vinyasa Yoga Class at Student Life Center
- Come challenge yourself and relax deeply with a Vinyasa Flow Yoga class at the Student Life Center! New times offered: Mondays and Fridays at 6 pm. Wednesday's class will continue to be at 7 pm.
- Planning CoBE summer classes now: please take the survey
- Do you want to take a class in Sustainable Tourism for Hawaii and the Pacific? Social Media Analytics? Strategic Innovation? Retail Management? The College of Business and Economics is scheduling summer courses now. ...
- 13th Annual Korea-America Student Conference
- The 13th Korea-America Student Conference (KASC) will bring together Korean and American university students from a variety of academic disciplines to live, travel, and conduct original peer-reviewed research together. ...
- APIA Scholarship
- This scholarship is offered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). Undergraduate students who are Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity and are US citizens, US nationals or permanent residents are eligible (students ...
- 2020-21 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2020-21 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2019. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2020! Deadline for ...
- UH Hilo Relay for Life Committee Postions Open
- The UH Hilo Relay for Life Planning Committee is currently seeking dedicated students who are interested in volunteering to help plan the 2020 Relay for Life event as well as multiple awareness events over this school year. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.