Preventing and Responding to Disruptive Students - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Preventing and Responding to Disruptive Students
Location: Campus Center 301
Whether in the classroom or the residence hall, more and more campus faculty and staff members report varying levels of behavior by students that is disrupting the academic environment. This workshop is a discussion of best practices for managing a wide range of disruptive behavior. Should you confront it? Where? When? How do you confront it? Should police be called? What if I am the target of a threat or retaliation? How much is too much, and what are the thresholds for removing students from class, housing, or campus? What are appropriate statements for syllabi and housing contracts? W. Scott Lewis, partner with the National Center for Higher Education Risk Management will provide strategies to address and respond to disruption on campus.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 808-932-7472
What's also happening?
Week of November 2, 2014Next →
Holiday observed: General Election Day
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.