"Common Core Standards”—What does it mean to you? - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
"Common Core Standards”—What does it mean to you?
Location: UCB 100
In 2013-14, the Hawaiʻi Department of Education adopted the new Common Core Standards-based math curriculum for Algebra I and II. This talk presents the implications of the new standards for Hawaiʻi’s parents and students, the struggles states are going through across the nation to adopt the new standards, and how Hawaiʻi is tackling this challenge.
Dr. Mitchell Anderson is the senior Mathematics Department member at UH Hilo. He is one of three primary authors of the Common Core High School Mathematics Curriculum for Hawaiʻi, and was a driving force behind its inception. He has had considerable input into developing the Smarter Balanced Consortium’s national exam (SBAC), which is set to be administered to all 11th graders across multiple states beginning this academic year.
Hosted by University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Faculty Congress and the College of Continuing Education and Community Service (CCECS)
For more information, call CCECS at 974-7664
For disability accommodation, call 974-7664 (V) , 974-7002 (TTY) by November 5
For more information, contact: email@example.com 974-7664
What's also happening?
Week of November 16, 2014Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.