“Tropical Mountain Permafrost" - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
“Tropical Mountain Permafrost"
Dr. Kenji Yoshikawa, a professor from the University of Alaska Fairbanks Water and Environmental Research Center will present his research on permafrost geomorphology and permafrost. Dr. Yoshikawa’s primary interest include searching for and exploring pingos and icings around the world. These two difficult quests by Yoshikawa—one into interior Antarctica and the other across the Sahara for an ancient pingo scar—are described in his biography by Ned Rozell in the book Finding Mars. Yoshikawa’s research locations have included Svalbard, Greenland, Alaska, Siberia, Tibet, Canadian Arctic, and Mongolia, where he has located many pingos and examined their internal structures and hydrology. He has organized and taken part in many field investigations, including searching permafrost at Mount Kilimanjaro, Mexico, Hawaii and the Peruvian Andes. Questions, please email john coney (Jconey@hawaii.edu)
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 8089327187
What's also happening?
Week of October 19, 2014Next →
- Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Awards Nomination Now Open
- This recognition awards acknowledges the contributions students have made in their formal and informal leadership roles on campus and in their community. ...
- UHHSA Elections Applications
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association is keeping applications open for multiple positions for 2019/2020 academic school year. Applications are available on the UHHSA website, in the UHHSA office and in the Campus Center. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.