Seeking Samoa: A Taupou’s Voyage Home at 'Imiloa - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Seeking Samoa: A Taupou’s Voyage Home at 'Imiloa
Location: 'Imiloa Astronomy Center
'Imiloa's Wayfinding & Navigation Presentation by Celeste Manuia Haʻo
"Seeking Samoa: A Taupou’s Voyage Home"
Bestowed at the age of 17 with the highest title a woman can have in Samoa’s traditional society — a “taupou” — Hilo native & apprentice navigator, Celeste Manuia Ha‘o, recounts the heartbreak and triumph of her epic return to Faleapuna, her village of Samoa, and the stars that led her there.
Friday October 24 at 7pm. By admission.
For more information, contact: email@example.com 808-969-9703
What's also happening?
Week of October 19, 2014Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.