Eia Hawaiʻi Lecture Series: 21st Century Native Hawaiians - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Eia Hawaiʻi Lecture Series: 21st Century Native Hawaiians
Location: UCB 127
Aloha mai kākou...
The Kīpuka Native Hawaiian Student Center is pleased to present the Eia Hawaiʻi lecture series for Fall 2014. This Lecture Series will feature Dr. Isaiah Walker who will present the lecture, "History and Culture of Surfing in Hawaiʻi - Waves of Resistance". Dr. Walker will talk about the connection between surfing, resistance and masculinity in Hawaiʻi, through the lenses of Hawaiian history and colonialism, surfing culture, empowerment and identity. This lecture is free and open to the public.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 808-932-7418
What's also happening?
Week of November 16, 2014Next →
- Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Each year, Rotary awards two types of fellowships that fund some of the world’s most dedicated and brightest professionals to study at one of Rotary’s Peace Centers around the world. ...
- Mindfulness Meditation w/Michael
- Practicing Mindfulness offers ways to calm our mind and reduce stress, enabling us to enjoy life more fully. Hosted by Michael Donenfeld who has practiced meditation with and received training from Vietnamese poet and Monk, Thich Nhat Hanh.
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.